Sunday, October 19, 2008

Sometimes more is less and sometimes less is more.










Hi Pentaxian friends,

I haven't posted much lately about cars. At one time, I was posting a weekly article about automobiles. I received a few reminders lately and decided that tonight was the night. The problem is that I haven't taken any automobile photos lately.

I looked in my Pentax K20D/Automobile archive in Lightroom, trying to decide what images to use and what to write. As I was looking at the photos, I adjusted the vibrance, of one of the photo, almost all the way to the left (-79) and I was surprised at the results. The vibrance reduction took away most of the colors. By taking the colors almost out, the images started to look like vintage photographs, except better. Essentially, it produced vintage photos with modern clarity or maybe just cool photos!

So I opted to post the above photos. They should speak for themselves. Then again, this is just my opinion or taste. Let us all know what you think.

Thank you for reading.

Yvon Bourque

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Nice effect - gives it the almost aged look before colour became so common place

Anonymous said...

Yvon, I think you need to add a yellow cast to make them look old. The way you've done it just makes them look...cool :-)

I confess I am often guilty of pushing that vibrance slider too far, but sometimes going left is just right ;-)

I like the yellow car the most. You got a great (and unusual) PoV and using a wide-angle really emphasises that big arse the car has :-D